Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Pringle of Scotland: Check it Out

Dear and lovely readers,

I'd like to start with a sincere apology for the number of times I said "check (it) out" - five or six times, I think. I know plenty more ways to say, "Hey, why don't you look at this?" besides "check it out" and I promise I won't use it this post at all after this paragraph. Thank you for bearing with me. On to your irregularly scheduled program.

I thought I might go into some more depth about some of the stores I mentioned in yesterday's post. By more depth, I mean MORE PICTURES! Hurray!!! Especially since yesterday was really word-heavy. So today's topic is Pringle of Scotland.

 
Pringle of Scotland
 I love Pringle because Pringle loves knitwear. The company began in 1815 and became iconic for cashmere knit sweaters, argyle, and the "twinset" - a matching cardigan and sweater set. There is a photo chronology on their website that briefly outlines some of the history of Pringle of Scotland. Get this:

Pringle of Scotland - Argyle
If you look closely, you'll see that's the original knitter's graph paper that someone colored in by hand in the 1920's to create the argyle pattern that we know so well today. If you go through the timeline a bit, you'll see some fun things like 'The Pringle Bar', where Pringle sold their twinsets,

The Pringle Bar

a very dashing young Richard Gere wearing Pringle on the cover of Men's Vogue,

Richard Gere on Men's Vogue

and one of the best animated brand films I've seen, though I'll admit I haven't seen many.




(sorry if there's something wonky about that. I was messing with adjusting the sizing).

In any case, at least that pub isn't this:




Horrible, horrible thing about magical creatures stalking you and tattling to Santa since he's too busy to stalk you himself. How frightening. I saw this on tv and I was literally scared. My heart started racing and I was too afraid to go to the website at the end to find out what the heck it was. I saw it again at Borders and complained about how creepy it is and a very kind lady in front of me told me about it. Does anyone else find this scary or is it just me?

Merry Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment