Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Boutique Belgique

If you haven't already noticed, this blog changes direction often. At one point I wanted it to be something more organized, but I've decided it should be where my brain comes to de-clutter because writing helps. I hope you're riding this roller coaster with me. If there's anything you want to hear more about or see more pictures of, leave a comment!

I really enjoy Lookbook.nu for inspiration. I'm always looking for new ways to wear the clothes I have. It makes my closet look a lot more interesting than it is. But my favorite reason to look at lookbook is to find out how people are wearing their knits. There are tons of variations on a theme (sheer tights with jean shorts is the things this winter), but sometimes I find something that really intrigues me.

Today, it's this:


 I'm such a tights girl and I loved these immediately when I saw them. She says she got them here:
 
 
Boutique Belgique


It's kind of an adorable boutique from what I see in the pictures. The blog is pretty new and the boutique is quite new in Köln.

From the look of the mannequins

Boutique Belgique
 
and the people in the shop


Boutique Belgique

there's kind of a relaxed, "sporty" style to this boutique. Very comfy and cozy and a little rustic, but in a chic way.
Boutique Belgique

Has anyone else noticed that pallet furniture is kind of in vogue right now? I found some really cute pallet furniture online. I decided not to write a post about it because people have already, but if you do a Google search, you can find some really inexpensive, do-able ideas that actually look right at home in a space that needs a little rustic charm.

It's right up my style alley. I'm not really a girl-y girl, so I like to take a girl-y concepts and pair them with something a little masculine. Pink with brown, skirts with work/hiking boots, "boyfriend" cardigan and jeans with rolled up cuffs and heels, a lace slip with a tailored jacket.

Lookbook.nu - Summerbreeze

I found that outfit AFTER I listed those things but it was actually tougher to find than I was expecting. I should probably take more pictures of me. In any case, that's all for now. Off to think really hard about decorating some more for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment